Becker’s Hospital Review has pointed out that there have been nine hospitals across the country that have filed for bankruptcy so far this year. You can read their article if you click here.
The following is a list of the 9 bankruptcies with links if you would like more information:
- Pushmataha Hospital in Antlers, Oklahoma filed for bankruptcy on September 29th.
- Hebrew HealthCare in West Hartford, Connecticut announced on August 15th that it was seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Coshocton County Memorial Hospital in Coshocton, Ohio announced on July 30th that it had filed for bankruptcy in the anticipation of its sale to Prime Healthcare Foundation.
- Colusa Regional Medical Center in Colusa, California closed its doors on April 22nd and filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on June 3rd.
- Gardens Regional Hospital and Medical Center in Los Angeles, California filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on June 6th.
- Progressive Acute Care LLC, based in Mandeville, Louisiana, filed bankruptcy on May 31st for three of its hospitals: Winn Parish Medical Center in Winnfield; Avoyelles Hospital in Marksville; and Oakdale Community Hospital.
- Powell Valley Healthcare in Powell, Wyoming filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on May 16th.
- Pioneer Health Services in Magee, Mississippi filed for bankruptcy on March 31st.
- Forest Park Medical Center, which has hospitals in Fort Worth, Southlake, and Austin, filed for bankruptcy in January.